This 30-minute activity gives you insight into participant’s understanding of the topic by helping them evaluate the key similarities and differences between elements of that topic.
We’ve used this to compare and contrast the characteristics of debt and equity or else the equity and derivatives. It’s a fantastic activity to put students into breakout rooms, turn on their microphones and work together on a task that truly requires comprehension of the topic.
- Find commonalities and differences between two different things.
- Highlight any assumptions or misunderstandings participants might have about a topic.
- Deepen their understanding of the two topics.
- Revise content through a different lens.
- Work together as a team to achieve all of the above.